Anyone Automating Their Christmas Tree Lights in an NYC Apartment?
Hi everyone,
Tree season is almost here, and I'm already planning this year's setup. Last year, I kept crawling behind the tree to plug and unplug the lights. In a small apartment, that got old fast.
This year, I want the tree lights on a schedule. My idea is to have them turn on at sunset and off at midnight. I'd also like one "Holiday" button that dims the room lights and turns on the tree and window lights together.
From what I've read, a few options exist:
A simple smart plug with a timer or app
Lutron smart dimmers and plugs that link with the rest of the room's lighting
A full home automation setup, where the tree becomes part of a scene with lights, shades, and music
A friend in Manhattan went the full-system route with Nex AV and now his tree, window lights, and holiday playlist all start with one tap. It looks great, but I'm not sure I need something that big.
Check out at https://nexavt.com/
So I'm curious:
Do you put your tree lights on a timer or smart plug?
Has anyone linked their tree to voice control or a lighting scene?
Any safety tips for leaving lights on a schedule with a real tree?
Would love to hear what's worked for you this season.